Friday, September 26, 2008

Curls & Cheddar Corn Chowder

I happen to love the art of cooking and serving food. Oh yes, and eating it! :-) So you will probably notice that I am often including something about food in my posts. For my birthday I got two soup cookbooks from one of my sisters and her husband. We are having so much fun trying out these soups as a family. We have only made three soups so far, but are looking forward to making many more. One of the books is titled "The New England Soup Factory" and the other one is "The Culinary Institute of America Book of Soups". Wonderful cookbooks to own!! So here we are having a new soup from the Soup Factory book. It is Cheddar Corn Chowder. Delicious!! This was a wonderful soup! Dh so loves coming home to a warm kitchen with yummy, healthy food being prepared. It warms his heart. Along with the soup we are having salad and bread. Vision did the garnishing of the soup with fresh chopped chives. Nancy Campbell has really inspired me in the area of cooking with love and gusto for my family and others. She has a book/Bible study that I have really been encouraged and challenged by. It is called, "The Family Meal Table and Hospitality". We also have a DVD of her speaking about this subject called "The Family Meal Table". Both of these are just wonderfully inspiring! Here is our precious Beloved who is getting the MOST adorable curls! We can't believe that God has blessed us with such a beautiful, special baby. I am sorry that this picture is flipped wrong. Can you believe those huge, chocolate eyes?? They make my heart melt.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Yummy, yummy looking soup! I think it will be mandatory for you to pass along all great recipes. :) I love seeing the pictures of Silas. He is beautiful! I think I can still say that since he is a baby. :) The Family Table book sounds good. I think I remember seeing it when we went to that retreat.

Betsy Nickel Photography said...

I agree with Jen! We need those recipes if you're going to post such yummy looking pictures! :) I love soup in the fall and winter...although it's still pretty warm here. Soup is "Oh so good" and so fun to make! :) Let me know if you're giving out recipes! :)